Vernon Volumes text

Vernon Volumes text

Friday, March 2, 2007

Getting there...

Well, Andrea's over half way now and things are moving along better. I like to do hypothetical questions with people and I was asking my niece Allison who she'd marry if she was a princess and silly questions like that while our nurse was in here. On a whim, I asked our Nurse at around 4 p.m. what she thought would happen with this delivery based on her intuition and experience. She thought there was a 50/50 chance of a C-Section at that point and that if we did do a C-Section it would be at 6 and if it was a regular delivery it would be at 10.

Well, we managed to take a nap and at 5:45 our Doctor came in to do a check. They checked her cervix and had made the decision that if she hadn't progressed well that they would do the C-Section. They even had the paperwork put together and ready. Well, thankfully things had moved along. Andrea's at 5.5-6 cm, and for now at least they're going to let things go.

At one point, I guess our nurse was guessing there was a 70/30 chance in favor of a C-Section, but for now things are looking better.

Wish us luck!


Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Apparently I keep accidently publishing my comments before I'm done then having to delete it....I need to learn how to use this thing better!

Anyways...I like this little "play-by-play" thing! It's good knowing that things are going okay so far. It's been a long day for both of you. Hopefully the next post will be one announcing if it's a boy or a girl!