Vernon Volumes text

Vernon Volumes text

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Magic Kingdom with the Gobles

On Saturday, we all drove down to Disney World in the morning. It was Graydon's and Amanda’s first time to Disney, and Ryan hadn’t been in many years.

The kids all looked cute in their Disney outfits.

The drive down was a little cramped, and we couldn’t even fit the stroller, so we had to rent one when we got to Disney. When we got in to Orlando, we stopped at Uno’s for lunch. Graydon enjoyed watching all the busses go by while we waited for our food.

When we got to Disney, it was a little painful to get in to the park. We decided to ride the tram to the transportation center, then rode the monorail to Magic Kingdom, then had to stand in line to buy tickets for the Gobles, and finally stood in line to rent a double stroller.

At last, we all made it in to the park and we snapped a few pictures in front of the castle.

We started our day in Adventureland and the first ride for Graydon was Alladin’s flying carpets. He didn’t much care for the line and wasn’t all that trilled with the ride either. He kept telling Ryan “All done!”.

After Alladin’s ride, we went on the Jungle Cruise and he liked that much more. He sat with Aunt Andrea and was very interested in all the animals we spotted in the jungle.

The day was pretty nice for a Disney park. The weather was in the mid 80’s and it was a little cloudy. The crowds were pretty bad until the sun went down, and the lines were a bit long at times. We did our best to show the Gobles around to the rides and attractions that we thought they’d like best, and would be able to ride with Graydon. We didn’t see it all, but they did get to see most of the popular rides.

We took a few pics of everyone on the "Small World" ride.

Graydon was very good throughout the day. He never got super pumped or scared or anything on any of the rides. He kind of chilled out and took it all in. Connor was an amazing little man the entire day, he was helpful and in a good mood throughout our time at the park. Paige had a good time, but many bad moments. She threw multiple fits, got in timeout many times, didn’t cooperate for pictures, and said many hateful things. She didn’t get very good sleep the last couple nights, and Amanda even caught her watching iPad at 2:00 am the night before. Paige was an emotional wreck and it was hard to keep her from ruining the day for everyone. We tried our best to be patient with her and although it was a close thing, I decided to bring her home with us at the end of the day.

We left the park right after the fireworks, and then drove home. The drive back was exhausting, and unfortunately Graydon had decided to throw his only two pacifiers out of the stroller, so he cried a bit on the way home. We got back to the house at 2:00, and then we all crashed and went to bed. It was a tough drive back, but it was nice to be back in our own beds.

No comments: